[crossfire] Party Support

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Jul 29 16:23:02 CDT 2007

> Offering characters for pure party gaming in a game with only a
> rudimentary party support and just a few players online at the same
> time is nothing you have to spent much time of thinking.  It's just
> unplayable...

So let's trash existing system and create a real multiplayer system - that
allows single player mode, of course.

> We don't have a smith class.  And the alchemist is unplayable at the
> moment; see:
>
> http://mailman.metalforge.org/pipermail/crossfire/2007-July/011693.html

Then let's fix it.

> How do you play a pure healer alone?  Or do you mean a paladin / priest?
<snip>
> Yes, ideally, I fully agree.  But CF is far away from ideal conditions
> for this.
>
> So concentrate on classes which are playable at the given system and add
> more classes, if those become playable, too.

Then let's be ambitious :)
Let's rewrite the system from scratch (or almost) to enable us to do this kind
of things.
Instead of just saying "we can't do that".

We want 2.0 to be a real milestone, or what? :)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref
de l'aléatoire !]