[crossfire] Random map layout

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Mar 17 13:06:47 CDT 2007

Hello.

Current random map layouts are kind of limited, and repetitive, and such :)

To improve that, I'd like to either alter existing layouts or add new ones.

I just committed some changes that enable a plugin to access random map code
generation, including giving a layout for map filling (add walls, exits,
monsters, ...).

Would it be better to add those new layouts through a plugin, or directly into
the random_maps code?
Note that to correctly work, the plugin needs an event_apply into the exit
that should point to a random map, to hook.

I already made a proof-of-concept layout generator, that correctly works.
Would be a matter to implement the layouts there, simply.

Opinions welcome :)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref