[crossfire] Pickup mode

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Mar 23 01:46:57 CDT 2007

Nicolas Weeger wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'd like to remove old pickup mode code, and either remove totally support for
> it, or merge it with new pickup.

  My thought is that perhaps it should go away, but there be some sort of
compatibility mode, such that if you select some value with old pickup mode, it
means it is effectively this with new pickup.

  I know that I'm still in the habit of going to 'pickup 4' to pick up
everything in a dungeon, and then 'pickup 0' when I'm done (4=everything,
0=nothing).

  I don't really care how that works internally, but I'd be nice to keep those
old (simple) pickup modes for those of us that do use the command to switch
pickup modes.

  I would think that those could be converted to new pickup modes in most cases,
or even pretty close cases (I wouldn't care if pickup 4 actually did skip cursed
or unpaid objects for example).  Likewise, the value density modes could perhaps
get rounded/adjusted to the nearest value in new pickup mode, etc.