[crossfire] scripts

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sat May 5 17:26:24 CDT 2007

One thing that has been bothering me recently, is that increasingly, most
scripts are tied to arches, yet they reside inside maps, which means an
admin needs to keep arches and maps strictly in sync.

I'd like to propose the tiniest addition to the complexity of the python
plugin, so that we'd have a structure like this on a server:

lib/
  python/
    (arch scripts)
  maps/
    (maps)
    python/
      (map scripts)

So we can introduce a notation to mark a script as an arch script, eg:
arch event_apply
title Python
slaying @python/items/smoking_pipe.py
(@ rather than /); or we can just have the plugin look in both places.

Then arch-related scripts could be kept in the arch module where they
belong, or maybe in server, and be installed by server's "make install".

Thoughts?

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----