[crossfire] scripts

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Thu May 10 06:41:08 CDT 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007 09:18:09 +0200, Yann Chachkoff wrote:
>> > lib/
>> >   python/
>> >     (arch scripts)
>> >   maps/
>> >     (maps)
>> >     python/
>> >       (map scripts)
>> >
>> > So we can introduce a notation to mark a script as an arch script,
>> > eg:
> mmm... I don't understand what the advantage of this would be - I think
> it makes things rather complex for map-makers, with no obvious benefit.

You missed the point here.  It couldn't possibly make things complex for
map-makers, since this would never be visible to them :-) map scripts
stay exactly as they are.  What I'm talking about is introducing a
distinction between them and arch scripts.  So it would "make things
complex" for arch writers... which, IMO, it wouldn't, it would make
things a bit simpler for them.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----