[crossfire] combat notes

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:52:37 CST 2007

On 28/11/2007, Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
>   I did use a bow a little bit - quite effective.  It does shoot really fast, so
> can easily burn through a large number of arrows.  I think it may be more
> appropriate to lower fire rate of bows and increase their damage, just so
> characters don't need to carry around 1000 arrows (which at low level can be
> hard to find or actually fairly expensive to by).  Maybe a quiver of infinite
> arrows is needed.

Consider adding many different (more powerful) arrows and bows, and
adding them as alchemy targets. Try to balance them so that no one
above level 10 or so would want to use the stock low level arrows
(i.e. a level 10 bowyer should be able to reliably produce an arrow
that is better than the default one, without expending much
resources/effort).