[crossfire] Mover behavior?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Oct 22 23:51:37 CDT 2007

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:
> Given a mover...
>
> Archetype mover_1, type Mover
>
> name = mover
> image = director.111
> <invisible>
> <forced movement>
> movement speed = -0.2
> direction = north
> movement type = Walk
>
> Is it expected that spells/prayers are affected by the movement
> speed = 0.2?
>
> It has the very odd effect of causing the magic to "stall" on
> those spaces.  I think this is not the intended effect on the
> map I see it on, but was not sure if it would be considered a
> bug that a non-walking item was affected?

  Looking at the code, it seems that player movers (which is really a misname,
since they move more than players) are only meant to move objects with
FLAG_ALIVE set.  It would seem odd to me that spells would have that set.

  Also, looking at the code, it does seem that they should only work on objects
objects if the victim move type is a subset of the movers subtype or the victim
has no move_type (this later case is more prevalent as lots of objects are
missing move_type information)

  So it does seem odd to me that spells would be getting affected, because just
looking at the code, it would seem they shouldn't be.