[crossfire] tavern combat server, was Re: Project: Slow down combat

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Oct 25 16:13:39 CDT 2007

Finally got around to testing the modified server :)

Choose a dragon/monk. Pretty easy, I must say - at level 1 I went into
the 'dry well' in Scorn, and made it to the ogres and level 4, after which I
decided it was enough testing, besides the ogres were slightly too strong -
meditation would have helped, of course.

So, some thoughts:
* I kinda like the current speed (0.8 for a new char), gives some time to
think and such
* high hp (I had ~30, and 30 sp/gr - didn't yet use spells) means it takes
longer to die
* we'll definitely need to improve the monster's moving algorithm, so they are
smarter :)

Globally the changes seem ok, but need much balancing - monsters maybe don't
do too much damage, things like that?

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de