[crossfire] Schmorp back on metalist

Jonas Stein news at jonasstein.de
Fri Sep 14 12:27:37 CDT 2007

Dear opensource community,

i was very disappointed, when Schmorp disappeared from the metalist.

I had no problems with any client on Schmorp in the last weeks. Although this
is no evidence, that there are no bugs or problems.

It would be the correct and fair way to include this server in the metalist as
it would be comletly against the idea of opensource to constrain inventions
and forks.

I think it is a good solution to inform the user about what he can expect from
the server. As long there are bugs reported someone can include a MOTD
message wich informs the user.

Indeed we all do not want to force the user to select a particular software or
user. He should have the chance to select free between a new testing
environment or an old stable system.

It would be a shame for the nice community on schmorp, when user will no more
login because its invisible in the list. Many people have high level
characters there and have a lot of fun to play there in their leisure time.
So we should not annoy them.

Thanks for reading so far,

--
kind regards,