[crossfire] Schmorp back on metalist

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Sep 15 04:15:00 CDT 2007

Hello.

(including the whole reply of Yann in case Jonas isn't on the list)

I think Yann's description of the issues is pretty accurate.

The issue is basically that schmorp is, now, an incompatible fork, thus
Crossfire clients can't connect, leading to confusion.

Note also that Schmorp, through Elmex (IRC) / Robin (mail), was warned when
the old map support (the one Schmorp uses for the Crossfire client) was
removed, which was some months ago. They didn't react as far as I'm aware
(and the fact their server appeared on our few weeks-old metaserver shows
they do follow our development enough to bother to implement the new
support).

Nicolas