[crossfire] [ 1876788 ] Doubled characters in GTK clients (closed)

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Thu Dec 18 22:21:52 CST 2008

All GTK clients on trunk and branch are now considered free of the
infamous and elusive double-character bug.  i586 clients were tested
at SVN r11002, and x86_64 clients were tested at SVN r11012.

The tracker has been closed:

  [ crossfire-Bugs-1876788 ] Doubled characters in GTK clients (unusable)
  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=113833&aid=1876788&group_id=13833

Along the way, another GTK-V1 client bug was killed off as well.  It
was required to use Pop Ups to use that client, but that issue has been
closed also.

Whomever builds the Windows client might want to rebuild a new
snapshot.

Lets also consider getting the trunk clients built and in distribution.
I have auto-build scripts that make it pretty easy to generate both
branch and trunk client RPM packages and and tarballs.

I also would like to see the trunk clients become the new stable
clients before 2.x goes incompatible with branches/1.x.  I am
willing to pitch in here as demonstrated by this drawn out debug.
I've got many many hours into these clients and would like to
see that effort acknowledged with a release.

Kevin R. Bulgrien