[crossfire] Release 1.12

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Dec 20 06:22:50 CST 2008

Hello.

> I'd like to propose that, before we set off on major rewrites, we
> officially give up on the previous 2.0 effort, and release what's
> currently on trunk as 1.12.  (Which probably means either merge the
> branch, or abandon it and just use trunk...)
>
> There are major improvements on trunk, notably an actually usable gtk
> client; since trunk is no longer going to be the basis for 2.0, there's
> no point sticking to the 1.x branch any longer.
>
> (Maybe there should be a vote on rolling back / not merging the rebalance
> changes.  Personally I love them.  But I've seen some people claim
> they're not finished enough for release.)

Given that we don't have anyone wishing to coordinate content and maps and
make them coherent and fun, I have no intention to do massive changes to the
code, so that question is probably rhetoric :)
(unless someone else feels like doing such work, obviously)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de
l'aléatoire !]