[crossfire] [Rebootworld] Priests and prayers and cults

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Wed Dec 31 16:57:27 CST 2008

> 4) could also have competing quests.  Maybe half a dozen different folks
> want the goblin king killed.  Player has to decide which one he really goes
> for (an example here could be that basically all the different classes
> (skills) want him killed and give some form of exp reward or maybe
> something different.  In this way, every class can get something from it -
> do you want that fighter experience of praying experience.  Sort of
> counters the problem I mentioned above with only healers having quests for
> exp.  This also helps out the problem where in a sense, you don't have to
> write as many quests - a bunch of quests could use the same maps.

This sounds excellent. There is a big problem in 1.x giving mainly weapons as
quest rewards. The above would both help that AND help keeping map-making
work at a sane level. There should be some way of handling parties, though,
in this case. And also perhaps a way to prevent the magic-using class from
getting the basher reward. Perhaps most quests would be given out by
guilds/kings/temples/<insert_your_favourite> and they might not accept you
since you "are too low in bashing level/have too little reputation/are of
wrong religion/pick your favourite again".

-Juha

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja at utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|