[crossfire] Release announcement URLs broken?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Feb 2 15:18:09 CST 2008

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:
> The ftp sites listed in the announcement don't seem to work.
>
>> Crossfire is available on the following ftp sites
>>
>> Primary:
>>      ftp://ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/crossfire
>>
>> Secondary:
>>      ftp://ftp.real-time.com/pub/games/crossfire
>
> The SF link... who knows.  I didn't try that hard and sometimes
> their stuff is hit-or-miss.

  It appears you can only download them HTTP now days:

  as a starting point.  Sourceforge has several mirrors.

  I'll change release notes for future. I'll likely just include those URL links
in there, eg,
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/crossfire/crossfire-1.11.0.arch.tar.gz

  And so on for the different files.