[crossfire] Who uses the scrollbars around the map?

Raphaël Quinet raphael at gimp.org
Fri Feb 15 04:13:21 CST 2008

While looking at the various layouts for the client, I remembered an old
problem that we had discussed one or two years ago: the scrollbars around
the map area take some space (almost one tile in each direction) and
personally, I never use them.

Is anybody using these scrollbars?

If not, then we could save some space by getting rid of them.  Scrolling
is done automatically by the client anyway.

Although I never use them, I suppose that scrollbars may be useful for
layouts in which the map view is very small (e.g., 11x11).  But if we
arrange the widgets in such a way that it is possible to have 20x20 or at
least more than 15x15 even with a screen resolution of 1024x768, then I
think that we can remove them to gain one extra tile in each direction.

-Raphaël