[crossfire] Who uses the scrollbars around the map?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Feb 15 20:59:28 CST 2008

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

> Nobody does.  They don't work.  There's an issue tracker at SF though.
> Funny I have left them there this whole time.  :-D  Thanks for piping
> up.

  It's a leftover from a feature I never got around to doing.

  My idea was to be able to scroll the map window to see fog of war data, etc
(while it could be used, I didn't really envision someone with a 13x13 display
area playing with 25x25 map data and scrolling about).

  Instead, the idea was more like 'I think I've cleared out this dungeon level.
  Let me scroll around the map window to see if I've missed anything'.  Or in
the case of maps with a more maze like layout 'let me scroll around and see how
I get back to the exit'.

  But they can certainly go away until (if ever) that feature gets implemented.