[crossfire] New manhole archetype WIP (accepting help)

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 5 21:44:16 CST 2008

> Hello.
>
> I just fixed the animation bug, from what I can see.
>
> The holes correctly open and close, both the archetypes.
>
> Part server bug, part archetype mistake, I think.
>
> All committed :)
>
> Note that, maybe, it could be possible to have both an animated hole and an
> opening animation - maybe by combining the facings and direction?
>

> Nicolas

Thanks... the animation was already "working" with the arch
"tweaked" so the faces of the non-head parts were blank as
noted in the README, but the hole didn't line up with the
arch "head".  I do not see a change in behavior.  Yes, I did
update.  Maybe I should set up the test to show the various
test cases I've tried and more explicitly note in the map
what is wrong with each.

I untweaked the arch by setting the faces back to the proper
settings and the animation doesn't seem to work for me.  I'm
not sure what archetype mistake you might be referring to.
AFAIK, I am testing the arch the same way that the pit is set
up to work.

I see in IRC that you mention HOLE uses HP/WC, but pit.arc
does not have HP set, but does WC, which is the frame of the
anim that is shown as the static image before the item is
activated. maxsp is set too.  I think it means whether the
hole is open or shut by default.

Kevin