[crossfire] Potions of Life

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Jan 18 22:16:13 CST 2008

  Quick thoughts:

  Not having any stat depletion until level 5 or so seems quite reasonable.  The
cost of lost exp is likely a big enough penalty.  If that is done, then I'm not
sure of need/reason of npc that restores depletion.

If so, maybe pricing like
5-10	50 pp
11-20	250 pp
21-40 	1000 pp
41-80	5000 pp
80+	25000 pp

  Bit extreme?  Don't know - I always here about players at higher level having
gobs of money, so 25k pp probably isn't much.  I actually don't think these
costs at any of these levels is actually all that difficult- 50 pp at levels
5-10 isn't that hard, same for the 250 pp, etc.

  Having the examine option tell the level of the potion makes perfect sense.  I
also think a goodly supply of all of these should be available in the house of
healing - sure, those could get cleared out, but in general, one should be able
to buy these (one note being, maybe the higher level ones are not available in
the scorn house of healing, but rather the higher level towns).

  It'd also perhaps be interesting to give restoration to certain gods (gaea?)
and let players restore other players.  To limit this, the caster level is
effectively the same as restoration level, so you wouldn't be able to restore
stat death from your own death, at least not until you regained the levels.  One
could also make it some ratio, like effective level is 75%, thus, a level 50
praying skill restores death loss up to level 37.