[crossfire] multithread vs multi process

Alex Schultz agschult at ucalgary.ca
Wed Nov 26 23:59:35 CST 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:22:41 -0800
Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:

> Multiple process cons:
<snip>
> - Would need client (and protocol) updates in addition to server
> updates.

I don't have much comment right on the other points, they make sense.
However I strongly disagree on this one point. No protocol/client
changes would really be needed at all unless it was distributed over
separate physical servers (which I don't think is necessary to
support). Like I said in another email, it's not hard for one process
to "hand-off" TCP-IP sockets to another process while keeping it open.

Alex