[crossfire] clients

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Sat Apr 4 17:18:21 CDT 2009

> Well, gtk-v2 is now successfully built and packaged for Windows.

Woohoo... Kudos!

Double Points that it was done with MinGW/MSYS!

> This brings the usual question :-) any objections if we nuke x11 and gtk
> from the tree for trunk (and 1.13)?

It's time... the main holdout was due to the lack of another Windows
solution (at least until jxclient is considered complete/stable).

> Actually, I don't really care about objections.  Let's put this a
> different way.  Any volunteers to maintain those?  ;-)  They haven't been
> touched in a looong time, so unless someone steps up, I'll be nuking them
> right after the release nightmare is over.
>
> (Last time we talked about it, there were two objections; v1 was better
> on smaller screens, and easier to build on windows.  Kevin solved the
> former with glade; v2 is now actually better on small screens.  And I
> worked out building it with msys.  So I don't really see a benefit to
> keeping that unmaintained codebase around.)

This reminds me... I need to check in sixforty.glade.  Someone
challenged me to create a 640x480 layout quite a while ago.  I
completed it, but never added and committed it.

Kevin