[crossfire] [ANNOUNCE] Client 1.12 released

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 00:38:22 CDT 2009

The 1.12 clients are released.  Source tarball and Windows binaries are
at https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13833 as
usual.  Deb packages for Ubuntu can be found at our new PPA at
https://launchpad.net/~crossfire/+archive/ppa (I'm not sure whether or
not they'd work on Debian, let me know if you try).  RPMs weren't made,
but if someone makes them I'll upload them :-)

Although I'm making the release, I'd like to take a moment to say that
this release is largely the work of Kevin R. Bulgrien, who refuses to be
called the client maintainer but is the de facto person who does the
work.  Kevin is responsible for the level of stability the v2 client
reached in this release, as well as the Glade layout support, and a
number of other cool new features.

A number of other people who made significant contributions also get our
thanks (Mark Wedel, as usual, showed up to add some cool stuff, like
themes and on-the-fly map resizing.)

Keep tuned to this channel for the content and server 1.12 releases.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
                  http://lalomartins.info/