[crossfire] clients

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:13:21 CDT 2009

Ok.  Feedback gotten and digested.

So here's my semi-official decree as not-really-project-leader:

We'll remove old gtk from trunk.  I'd like opinions on whether v2 should
be renamed to gtk, or even renamed to just crossfire-client.

The SDL rendering is scheduled for removal, but removing it is not a
priority.  If someone feels like doing it, go ahead.

The x11 client will be left in the tree, and on each release from here
on, I (or the release manager) will test if it builds and runs.  But
there are no promises that it will actually be updated, unless someone
steps up and volunteers to maintain it.

As long as x11 doesn't have a maintainer, it will be considered
unsupported, and disabled by default in configure (you'll have to pass an
explicit --enable argument to build it).  Binaries will not be included
in releases.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----