[crossfire] Release 1.12

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 16:16:46 CST 2009

quoth Rick Tanner as of Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:55:12 -0600:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
>> http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/trunkbranchchangebreakdown
>
> I've added about 10 new points of difference to the wiki page.
>
> During the next couple of days, I will go through all the maps again and
> post the any more differences I find between Trunk and Branches/1.x

Thanks!

> There are some (infamous) cosmetic changes I've made and will merge back
> in to Branch which should not have an impact on functionality.

Oakdoors?  :-)

> Lalo - How do things look for the Jan-20th target date?

Well.  Actually cutting an alpha is about one day's worth of work for me,
so meeting the target date isn't hard.  The reason I set the date so far
was, rather, to give other people time to act on it.  If anyone wanted
some particular changes in the release, or out of the release, they had
time to speak up.  And I also was hoping to see a decision on whether
there will be a corresponding code release, although the lack of any
comments about it does mean there won't ;-) at least not in the same
timeframe.

I'm not saying the release is easy work, I'm just saying cutting the
alpha is the easy part.  Then the real work begins -- lots of testing and
fixing for the March 1st target.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----