[crossfire] Flash based Crossfire Client

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Apr 1 14:47:29 CDT 2010

Hello.

> I've been making substantial progress with building a Flash based
> Crossfire client based of the GTK-v2 client.
>
> Most of the work was handled by this product,
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/alchemy/

That's nice!

On my side I've been hacking the C code to make a library that can be called
using C# and the .NET platform, so far it works nicely too (spending three
years in a .NET shop does influence one, after all).

So I could probably easily expose webservices (easy enough to do in C#), which
could be used for client-server communication. Unless I'm mistaking, Flex
makes it easy to call such services, so hopefully that could simplify a lot
the protocol, by using full typed structures defined via a WSDL.

An addict friend is busy writing a Silverlight client, I should have more
information on his progress in a few days.

Nicolas