[crossfire] Release?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Apr 15 01:03:04 CDT 2010

On 04/14/10 12:29 PM, Rick Tanner wrote:

> On 3/31/10 2:01 AM, Mark Wedel wrote:
>>
>>    Just a heads up - I'm targeting weekend of April 10-11 to make a release,
>> since I should have time then (certainly won't this weekend)..
>
> To recap or confirm..
>
> This will or would be called 1.5 and based on what is currently in trunk?

  Called 1.50, and be based what is in trunk.

> Or is this the final "branch" roll out of maps&  server and client and
> called 1.12?

  No, I think the 1.x branch is basically dead - it hasn't had any significant
updates, and I don't see much point in making a release knowing 1) it has out of
date content 2) there are no plans to fix it 3) trunk is all that is worked on
going forward.

  its basically releasing a product that we already know is EOL.

> (client based on SVN R12303 - the confirmed working checkin to work with
> Branch content)

  I think the main thing that breaks the client right now is the lack of newmap
setup command - that could easily be added simply for backward compatibility
reasons (and might not be a bad idea until the next release, on the idea that by
then, all servers should have gotten updated, and if they are not going to
update, the client is going to break sooner or later, so may as well do it sooner)