[crossfire] Auto ID on examine

Otto J. Makela om at iki.fi
Sat Apr 17 05:00:24 CDT 2010

Brendan Lally wrote:

> This changes the way the examine command (triggered by left
> clicking on an object) works so that if the object is unidentified,
> and the player has the appropriate skill, then an attempt to identify
> the object is automatically made.
>
> The intention is that this should make the ID process much smoother for
> new players, and less likely to be discovered after wasting money on ID
> tables or selling items that were useful.

This does change the overall game balance a bit (making it easier to use
skills automatically), but all-in-all I think it is a good change.

What I would like to also see is having a class "identified" (similar in
function to "cursed" and "magic") in the inventory, so that you could more
easily manipulate items which you have identified.

--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <om at iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, FAX: +358 42 7655772, ICBM: 60N 25E */