[crossfire] skill window

Kevin Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Tue Apr 20 00:18:27 CDT 2010

> > There seems little point to argue when the agenda is so destructive.
>
> 	...misunderstandings and neglect create more confusion in this
> 	world than trickery and malice. At any rate, the last two are
> 	certainly much less frequent.
> 		-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832):
> 		   The Sorrows of Young Werther, 1774

Brendan,

I did react too strongly, and I apologize for that.  I imagine that the intent
was to set up some kind of feedback mechanism to help client development.  I
should have been quicker to consider and acknowledge that, whether or not there
remained issues with the implementation or other concerns.  I also needed to be
less quick to assume I understood and make more of an attempt to try to find
more out about the upsetting elements.  I am grateful for your many recent
contributions to Crossfire, especially the skills dialog, as it changes the
landscape for user interface challenge that have had me stuck for a while.  In
all fairness, that should be weighed in (a lot) more than it was.  I do hope
to move along and be over with this, though I recognize I have made it hard to
do so.  I ask for your forgiveness in this matter as my response was not
respectful and was in itself hurtful.  I will be more than happy to rework a
.glade to your specifications, and plan to do so based on what I saw on the
wiki. Sorry for the mess.

Otto,

Thank-you for inserting a bit of sanity into the thread and affording me the
opportunity to review my reaction.

Others,

Apologies also for the splash-over...

Kevin