[crossfire] GTK-V2 and the gtk-v2.glade problem

Kevin Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Sat Apr 24 15:44:58 CDT 2010

With top of SVN, I set my screen to 640x480 and tried it.  I was able to make
it play without a restart.  The messages/inventory panel are not visible, but
one can see the hpane handle and move it into view.  The map fits too small a
space, and is very buggy at the default size.  Map tiles often do not change
off of black, but, one can put the stats down and the map starts to work ok.

I guess with that, it is probably good enough, though the inventory data is
scrambled unless you make the pane quite wide (due to use of homogenous), and,
the skills/exp are hard to fit.  I think Mark was amenable to removing that
pane with the skills window in existence.  I think that would help a lot, as
I think that is the one that people often have trouble with.  It also uses
homogenous, which allows things to overlap horribly.

sixforty.glade found a way around that, by putting that panel in a scrolled
window and getting rid of homogenous - so it did not have to mess up when
there was not enough room, and the player could grab the scroll bar to see
the rest of the stuff.