[crossfire] Dragons, throwing skill and limitations

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Mon Jan 18 11:46:35 CST 2010

>   I'm not quite sure how to fix that - I had suggested in the distant past
> that spellbooks could be cursed, and if you read them, you'll lose that
> spell (as a problem right now is that trying to read a spellbook is an easy
> way to identify it) - but with that change, I suspect players will just
> wait until they can properly detect curse on items.

That's actually implemented :)
Cursed/blessed items. Read a cursed spellbook, 20% chance to lose the known
spell.
For scrolled, blessed means a small chance the scroll doesn't turn to dust.

>   It's interesting that a lot of commercial RPG's don't have cursed items -
> maybe simply because of the reasons mentioned - if you have a way to know
> what is cursed, you'll just wait for that.  And if you don't, then you're
> just saying that players will be screwed 10% (or however often cursed stuff
> shows up) of the time.

Probably 'detect curse' should be reduced, something like that, then.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Mon p'tit coin du web]