[crossfire] Spells consuming items

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Tue Jan 26 13:18:00 CST 2010

>   Random question on this:  Is there any way to really clearly know that
> this is going to happen?
>
>   For example, if one had a spell that used up diamonds, it should be
> pretty darn clear it does so, since diamonds will now just start
> disappearing from the players inventory.
>
>   IIRC, all of the crafting stuff pretty much requires you putting the
> items on the crafting devices and using the appropriate skill.

Currently no, the player doesn't know if the spell description doesn't have
the information.

>   I wonder if adding something like a 'spell reagents' container might not
> be a bad idea, and spell using items will only use objects from that
> container.

Maybe...
But would that make the game fun? :)

>   This probably isn't a problem until spells that use this functionality
> become widespread - my main concern in there may be some confused/upset
> players if there are spells that end up using valuable items.

Hopefully, client will warn when selecting such a spell (which is why I added
the protocol extension).
Or we can even have the server send a reminder - "you ready the spell
firebolt, which consumes diamonds to be cast".

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Mon p'tit coin du web]