[crossfire] account login thoughts/ideas

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Fri Jan 29 11:14:03 CST 2010

>   Switching between characters once you've logged in the account should be
> pretty lightweight - basically it just returns to that screen, so cycling
> between characters to find the right one shouldn't be as time consuming.

Yep, with just updated information sent for last used character.

>   Put the player files under an account directory makes more sense if some
> number of resources become account wide properties, and not character wide.
> Things like apartments, and maybe all unique maps (unique to the player,
> not character).

I'd rather have a share mechanism between players - that'll solve the sharing
between characters of an account :p

>   The biggest danger would be more the case of a player with an establish
> account, and for some reason they delete their last character, but have
> plans to make a new one - another case to warn them.
>
>   One problem, I think, is that the client has a quit type thing, and on
> that, the client just does it, so if players use that, there isn't much the
> server can do to warn them about it.

Let's remove the 'quit' command, then.
Have characters be deleted from the account management mode.
And if an account has no character, don't remove it if it's because the last
character was deleted.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Mon p'tit coin du web]