[crossfire] Release?

Kevin Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Mon Mar 1 17:36:15 CST 2010

> Hello.
>
> What about we just decide to do a release of trunk end of march?
> Whatever it is called, 1.5, 2.0, 1.9, and such :)
>
> Then let's kill branch, and work on trunk.
>

> Does that sound ok?

Sure - though perhaps my recent inactivity lowers the weight of the vote.

It has gotten to the point where gtk-v2 being incompatible with metalforge is
really annoying - getting bug reports that aren't bugs... though that it not
strictly the issue with killing branch.  It's too bad I ran into RL issues
about the time I was ready to release a snapshot of gtk-v2.  If branch
servers persist, it's annoying enough to probably release a snapshot at the
point just before compatibility was broken, though that seems a drain of
effort that would be best put to other purposes.