[crossfire] Quest system - Error reporting needs work

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue May 11 00:45:03 CDT 2010

  A somewhat related question:

  Since the quest system (and some other core functionality) is using
python/other plugins, should the configure check be changed so that configure
errors out if the python libraries are not available (eg, will be unable to
compile the plugin)

  Most of the plugins add functionality that is not 'core' (for lack of better
term), but I would put quests into a core functionality area (especially if
these replace the mechanisms currently in the game that do not require plugins).

  I have no issues making this a requirement - my main concern would be bug
reports/questions along the line of 'my server compiled just fine, but quests
are not working'.