[crossfire] Item merging bug

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Sep 1 00:35:34 CDT 2010

On 08/30/10 08:55 PM, Mark Wedel wrote:

>> Other solution is to remove overlays totally. Not sure if they are used or
>> not.
>
>    That would be the approach I'd lean to, but may be harder.  But no reason to
> have unused code sitting about that creates complications.

  As I think about this, I believe the main use of overlays was the weather code
- so that when it put snow effects, etc, it could know what objects were
original to the map (eg, the base mountain) and which objects were put on top by
weather effects.

  I believe the reason for this is so that the base map (say the scorn town)
could reset, but the weather effects would persist across that reset.

  I don´t think anything is using the weather code - I´m not even sure to what
extent it still works.