[crossfire] sound2 protocol and issues: sound_chance

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Sep 26 03:29:42 CDT 2010

Hello.

> I retract the "I think sound_chance should be dispensed with".  I finally
> found the mail list note that mentioned some changes to sound so it could
> support random ambient sounds to improve overall immersion in the game
> environment...  Still, the idea that 0 behaves the same as 100 seems
> compatible with this.  Any objections?

I'm not against it (though it breaks the "0 or empty by default" rule that is
always used elsewhere), but sounds should be defined anyway for archetypes and
other things, so it shouldn't be too hard to add the "sound_chance" line at
the same time.

As for why there is no sound_chance defined for now, the reason is that I
expected sounds to be added incrementally, one sound here, another there. So
no massive changes, but progressive ones.
Alas, never managed to do those changes.

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org