[crossfire] Container dropping behaviour

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Sep 29 11:38:23 CDT 2010

>   I don't think any protocol changes would really be needed here - whild
> not most efficient, on the issue of an empty command, the client could
> just do something like:
>
>   for object in sack
>     C->S move 0 object_tag 0
>    done
>
>   That isn't totally efficient, but for the number of objects typically in
> a container, still isn't very data.

*cough*
You never had any container with some hundred of items? :)

Also, the client does not necessarily know what is a container, or even if
something is a container.

>   I guess I'm more in favor of having the client do this type of work
> instead of the server - arguably, the drop command itself should get
> removed from the server, and the client do that processing.

Actually 'drop' is nice for players because you can restrict what to drop.
'empty' too.
So I'd rather make them coherent - drop drops the container, empty empties it.
And same thing through eg mouse, with right-click and ctrl-right-click maybe.

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org