[crossfire] crossfire-mapper

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Thu Feb 3 00:01:28 CST 2011

> > If anyone can confirm results or get different ones, I'd be interested in
> > hearing about them.
> >
> > I'm thinking a readme file in the utils folder might be helpful.
>
> Make sure your archetypes are updated, as some of the Error messages you
> list were recently fixed.
>
> Then, run make collect in the server/lib directory.  Compile the server
> once again.
>
> I did these two (well, three actually..) steps, and the error alerts you
> list were no longer a problem.

Still mystified.  arch is up-to-date showing mod dates in the last few days,
and I did explicitly do make clean and make install in the lib folder as well
as in the server area., and rebuild and reinstall server.  If I look where the
server is installed, the date/time of the crossfire.0 and .1 files is current.
strace confirms the new file is in use at the location where the server is
installed.

I tried running crossfire-mapper from both the server/trunk/utils folder
and from the server install location and from the templates folder under
utils... all giving the same results.

I suppose maybe it might help to see if there is an svn commit that seems
to address those things and then try to correlate the change with the
current generated content of the archetypes file in the server install.