[crossfire] Crossfire release?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Jan 12 00:06:28 CST 2011

On 11/14/10 09:19 PM, Mark Wedel wrote:

>    Been a little more than 6 months since last official release, and I was
> thinking that trying to get one out before end of the year might be nice.
>
>    Thoughts/comments?
>
>    Any list of bugs or other things that must be fixed before a release is made?
>
>    Likewise, any list of the major changes since last release?  Looking at
> changelog can be a little problematic, as it may not be readily apparent from
> the notes whether it is a significant/meaningful change.
>
>    I figure release should probably be called 1.51, but could do 1.60 - not sure
> if that makes much difference.

  Got a bit sidetracked on this, but still thinking about getting it out - maybe
in the next week or two.

  In short summary of the things to do or related notes:

call release 1.60
gtk2 client: Change default layout to something else (what?)
Changelog: Keep summary short
verify 1.50/1.60 client/server interoperability
have windows client (who to make?)
remove metaserver1 support (very easy to turn it off, but only 2 servers are
using metaserver2 right now, despite at least 4 supporting it)