[crossfire] Multilinguism support

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Nov 12 15:04:35 CST 2011

Hello.

I've rewritten part of the i18n support the server had, to make it easier to
figure what message is used in the source.

When you need to find a string, to display or use in a buffer, please use

i18n(who, "English version of the message, with the %d placeholders");

This will enable to write translations in various languages, through the
"message.<code>" files.

Note: currently, translations can't change the order of arguments, because
snprintf doesn't support that in the C99 standard.

I plan on thinking about archetype, map, quests and various translations, too
:)

Any idea or suggestions welcome, of course.

For the record, I looked at gettext, but I'm not sure it can support multiple
languages like we need (many languages at the same time).

Regards

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org