[crossfire] Graphism perspective

Otto J. Makela om at iki.fi
Sun Nov 20 19:05:43 CST 2011

On 20/11/11 06:57, Mark Wedel wrote:
>   It's also odd because things like town are clearly not a true top down
> perspective - if that was the case, all one would see is the roofs of the shops,
> and not the front.  So while the game is top down, the viewing direction clearly
> isn't quite like that - it is more that one is at a 30 or 45 degree angle to the
> south and looking into the town, dungeon, whatever.

I've mentioned this, but haven't checked svn to see if this has been changed:
back when I was starting with Crossfire (oh, some time in the 90s), I found
it quite confusing how in spite (or perhaps because) of the pseudo-isometric
perspective walking past and entering "horizontally" oriented 2×2 houses
is restricted to the two lower squares, whereas there is no such limitation
in smaller, larger or "vertically" oriented 2×2 houses, or other buildings.

--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <om at iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */