[crossfire] Crossfire release

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Feb 14 01:07:10 CST 2012

  It's been quite a while since there has been a crossfire release, so it seems
about time for one.

  So I'm thinking that in a couple weeks time, packing up what is there as a
release and putting it up on sourceforge.

  There are a few reasons for this announcement:
- If there is code/changes that are ready for commit, it gives you time to get
those committed (a complaint in the past was someone missing the deadline by a
few days and has to wait for the next release)

- To be aware of this upcoming release, and _not_ to commit large untested
changes.  Making a release where the code has had little real world testing
tends not to be good.

- To focus on bug fixes/stability improvements for the next few weeks.

  Since a couple weeks is vague, I'll just say end of the month.  That does not
mean the release will happen on March 1, but it could, so just take that as a
deadline.

  Any concerns, questions, issues, let me know.