[crossfire] Compiling 1.60 on OSX.

Sebastian Andersson bofh at diegeekdie.com
Thu Feb 16 14:11:29 CST 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 18:24, Rick Tanner <leaf at real-time.com> wrote:
> What version of Mac OS X are you using?

10.7.3 (Lion).

> What version or release of Xcode did you use?

4.2.1 - that's:
GCC-4.2: build 5666
LLVM: build 2336
Clang: 3.0 build 211

> The client page is (more or less) a mirror of the wiki page located
> at, http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/osx
>
> So, yes - when the wiki is updated the Mac OS X (Intel) page get's
> updated as well.

Great! I'll see if I can contribute some useful information.

I see now that I lied a little in my previous mail. aclocal didn't work for me.
To build it I did:

autoreconf
automake -add-missing
autoreconf
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/X11/lib/ LIBS=-lX11 ./configure
cd common
sed -e 's/-finstrument-functions//g' < Makefile > Makefile.tmp && mv
Makefile.tmp Makefile
cd ..
make
sudo make install

(After fixing the libpng issue.)

Yesterday I removed my config file and then the client started to look
really nice too!

/Sebastian
--
One laptop per child project: http://laptop.org/