[crossfire] Client GTK2 - Buffer overflow

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 22:21:47 CDT 2012

Greetings,

> To reproduce it: Step on a ring of the elements. I don't know if that is
> the exact name, but it's the one that gives you +45 protection to the
> elements. Someone was trying to borrow me one and I was never able to pick
> it up. Now it repeated with a huge pile of rings at a shop with permanent
> tiles. So other rings may be involved.

Do you know what server you were playing on when the problem occured? If so,
see if you can find out what version the server was running. Also, if another
player was able to lend you the ring in the first place, perhaps he/she isn't
experiencing the same bug you are.

The output from 'uname -a' might also be helpful.

Sincerely,
Kevin Zheng