[crossfire] [RFC 2/3] Misc keybinding fixes and changes

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 18:34:37 CDT 2013

Due to a minor change (addition of braces in a 'for' loop) in the
previous patch (RFC 1/3), the original patch no longer applies cleanly.

I've attached a resolved patch that should apply correctly now. Please
tell me if something doesn't look right. Sorry for the confusion.

On 10/28/2013 18:19, Arvid Brodin wrote:
> * Add "Any" key modifier type; New "Any" button in keybindings dialog. This lets
> the user choose between having a key work regardless of modifier (Ctrl, Alt, etc)
> key states, or to use the same key with different modifiers for different
> bindings. How this worked before ("All"/"Normal") was pretty unclear, even in the
> code comments. (New feature/bug fix.)

If "Any" is not checked, the key binding should retain its present
behavior, correct? That is, the key only works when no modifiers are
being pressed.

> * Removed possibility to rebind Ctrl, Shift, Alt, Meta modifiers. This feature
> is very unusual and breaks the normal design pattern of using the designated
> keys as keyboard modifiers.

I'm not sure I understand the original problem. Could you please explain
the rebinding part?

Thanks,
Kevin Zheng