[crossfire] Version bump request?

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 23:16:33 CST 2014

On 12/27/14 18:38, DraugTheWhopper wrote:
> Now that some more time has passed with (I assume) more mainline
> changes, is there a chance of cutting a new release again? Wouldn't hurt
> to have a Windoze release this time too, since it looks the last one may
> have been at 1.60.

The latest release is 1.71.0, available from SourceForge. For some
reason the JXClient is stuck at 1.60, I'm not sure why.

We haven't been keeping up with Windows builds for various reasons.
Windows support in the GTKv2 client has greatly improved since the last
build. You can find some experimental client binaries here:

http://partmedia.users.sourceforge.net/

They're not official because they're missing important pieces; in this
particular client build it's because metaserver support is missing.

> More thoughts: What is the current dominant client? I heard someone say
> once that GTKV2client had fallen by the wayside in favor of JXClient,
> but I hope that's not the case, as I much prefer the cfclient layout,
> etc. Has any thought been given to using GTK vs QT? Are there any
> thoughts on portability to Wayland/Weston?

Both are well-supported. We generally point Windows users to the
JXClient, but soon this will change.

Best,
Kevin Zheng

--