[crossfire] Game change proposals

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Jun 12 13:35:55 CDT 2014

Hello.

I'd like to change various things in the game, to make it funnier (IMO) in non
combat aspects. So here are random proposals.

What about "mini-games"?

For instance, instead of a mere lockpicking, you actually have to use the
picks in the right order in a limited time to pick a lock - if you fail, you
trigger the traps, of course.

[bonus points to who knows the old game I'm getting inspiration from :)]

What about changing alchemy (including the jeweler etc. variants)?

For each formulae you start with a ~3% chance of success. You succeed? Get 3
to 5 points. Failure? Get 0-1 point (failure is a valuable lesson, after all
:)). Capped to ~90%. And maybe not giving global experience.

What about random (ie player-dependant) parameters? You have more success
during certain hours, or outside vs inside, or...?

Then reduce the dropped items. I mean, so much junk!

Then, slowing (a lot) combat, making it more tactical. Instead of a zillion
monsters, some hard to defeat monsters, where you can use all your skills and
items, and attempt various combinations.

Then various effects on weapons: stun, knock back, confuse, slow, etc.

Reduce the zillion elemental attacks to a lower number (6? 8?), other things
are side effects.

Thoughts? Flames? Ideas?

Regard

Nicolas