[crossfire] Game change proposals

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Tue Jun 17 15:33:56 CDT 2014

Hello.

>   Makes sense - would the lockpicks be consumed (or perhaps break) on
> failed attempts?  That might be another way to limit special door access -
> yes, you can pick it, but the lockpicks themselves are rare and/or
> expensive, so may not be worth it just for the sake of doing it.

Yup, breaking chance, especially if you use the wrong one :)

>   I had thought of the second treasure list - the problem, is you could get
> a case where the creature is firing arrows at you, but drops something
> completely unrelated.  Other games do that (often getting items completely
> unrelated to what the creature is using), but IMO, it is nicer if what is
> dropped matches what the creature had.

(snipped)

Yes, that's indeed an issue...

Though maybe we could make probabilities based on the item.

If it's a "standard" item, low drop probability (so you don't get too much
junk), but it's an artefact, or a special item, then 100% probability, or a
much higher one.

>   I guess it depends exactly how those chances work.  Is it a level
> comparison + random factor?  or you do the attack and it happens?

Implementation details :)

It really depends, not sure.

Probably a random factor, maybe adjusted on level.

>   Maybe - that has always been a bit of challenge - trying to figure out
> exactly what crossfire is or should be.

Yes :)

Which is why I'm thinking of doing something different ;)

Regards

Nicolas