[crossfire] Minor bugs

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 23:37:24 CDT 2017

On 07/10/2017 07:03, Preston Crow wrote:
> Resizing the map in the client will occasionally cause things on the
> other side of walls to show up.
>
> The "unidentified" tab in the client doesn't seem to work.  It's always
> blank, even when I have unidentified items.
>
> Sometimes I have to shift-click twice to lock or unlock an item. (I'm
> using pointer focus, so I shouldn't lose the first click to get focus.)

What version of the client are you using? On what OS?

> When I walk away from an open container on the floor, occasionally the
> code still behaves as if I'm on top of the open container, even if I
> move to another map.  I've been able to drink a potion from a container
> in my apartment when in another map.  I think this has something to do
> with opening and closing containers in my inventory and in the square,
> but I'm not sure how I've triggered this glitch.

I believe this is fixed on recent servers. I don't remember if this is
fixed on Metalforge or not.

> The -split option on the client doesn't seem to work anymore.  No
> separate windows for me.  (I'm not sure it's really useful, though.)  I
> also note that the subwindows don't start up in the same place each
> time, which would be convenient.  I keep having to resize things or the
> experience window is squished to nothing.

This must be an old client.

> I haven't encountered a scroll of sense curse yet--probably just my
> luck.  It's also the only skill scroll not in the permanent store in
> Scorn on Metalforge, which makes me suspicious that something's up.
> Grepping in the source indicates that it is referenced in various
> places, so it's probably just bad luck.

Those are definitely available in newer servers; Metalforge I'm not sure
but I don't imagine why not.

--
Kevin Zheng
kevinz5000 at gmail.com | kevinz at berkeley.edu | PGP: 0xC22E1090