[crossfire] Ideas for balancing tweaks for next release

David Hurst davidnicholashurst at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 23:05:00 CDT 2017

Hi guys and gals,

I've been spending a lot of time playing crossfire lately and the
discussion around a new release prompted me to think about some potential
balance improvements that could be made. I am thinking about some of the
more fundamental aspects of the game such as player race attributes which
do have wider ramifications that adjusting maps, therefore, I have created
a table on the wiki to document these potential changes and provided a
little description around the rationale.

http://wiki.cross-fire.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/user:saru:new_release_balance

I'm not suggesting they are perfect or that there isn't better ways to
address some of these issues, but i'm really focusing on the low hanging
fruit that I can actually assist with.

I welcome any additions to these balance changes and I might suggest a poll
of some description as we approach release to confirm any specific changes.
Thoughts?

Regards,
Saru