[crossfire] Improving IRC availability with a chat bridge

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Fri Feb 8 16:08:15 CST 2019

On 1/31/19 11:47 PM, Mark Wedel wrote:

> - Set up a gateway.  As noted, this could have issues related to
> freenode policy.  One thought there is to change the topic to clear
> state that there is a gateway being used.  I'm not actually sure how
> messages would get attributed when moved between the 2 chats - I'd
> imagine there may be a forwarding agent string involved.
When the discord-IRC bridge was in place, messages from the discord
server/channel would appear in IRC like this:

Jan 29 19:19:33 <Crossfire-Bridge>	<DraugTheWhopper> unfortunately,
there is still the matter of making the bridge run as a service...

I am not sure how the messages from IRC appeared in the discord
channel/server. I was not logged in there at the time.